The importance - and vulnerability - of the supply chain in healthcare have never been more apparent than during this COVID-19 crisis. As healthcare organizations require greater preparedness and risk mitigation moving forward, we are pleased to offer VueCount™ for tracking and managing all supplies, including critical Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
VueCount™ is a plug-and-play mobile solution that allows users to manage, transact, and audit a variety of clinical inventories - from PPE and other low cost/high velocity med-surg items to high cost specialty procedure supplies and implants. It consists of a turnkey application that can be downloaded on a variety of Android and Windows-operated devices, and comes fully-loaded with a UDI-compliant master catalog of clinical items for immediate utilization in data capture and reporting. VueCount is easily customized to include facility or department-specific pricing, item numbers, and par level information for each SKU.
Why use VueCount?
VueCount is an easy-to-use tool that gives users complete control over all their clinical supplies, and provides key performance data such as on-hand availability, burn rate, days on hand, and demand forecast. Whether using a computer, tablet, or hand-held device, once it is connected to a standard barcode scanner, VueCount is ready to streamline your supply chain by managing supplies in a multitude of environments:
- In a warehouse, main supply room, or at the dock by recording the incoming POs, and where supplies are being sent and received throughout your organization;
- In any given department or storage location to document what is being decremented from the inventory to gain an understanding of the burn rate and velocity of each item;
- In any part of the hospital to conduct cycle counts and gain a full picture of inventory trends in terms of par levels, utilization rates, as well as reorder and/or replenishment needs;
- In any clinical department with high velocity/low cost items, managed via bin systems (e.g. Kanban) to capture and report replenishment needs for each location and SKU to the required par levels; and
- On a hospital-wide basis to perform periodic or annual audits and have a true picture of available inventory – by type, location, quantity, and value for the purposes of financial reporting.
VueCount combines the advantages of a superior on-the-go data capture tool with the power of VUEMED’s sophisticated Cloud reporting and analytics capability. It easily collects information about your inventory thanks to our comprehensive master item catalog, for easy data capture and accurate reporting to the VUEMED Cloud. These reports also provide strategic guidance for improving your supply chain and running your inventory efficiently.
Whether your objective is controlling expirations, recording incoming items from various POs, ensuring replenishment to minimum par, controlling safety stocks, preparing orders, or keeping a close eye on critical items such as PPE, you can rely on VueCount to deliver the information and data you need to stay on top of your inventory.